Homes For All
The Homes for All Leadership Group provides innovative leadership toward ending homelessness. Its members consist of elected leaders, non-profit leaders, and private sector leaders working across sectors.
Kitsap Homeless Housing Plan Goals
1. Make homelessness rare. Prevent homelessness whenever possible.
2. Make homelessness brief. Respond immediately to the crisis of having no home to get people inside.
3. Make homelessness one-time. Help people move into appropriate permanent housing and ensure they can maintain their housing.
4. Continuously improve our Homeless response system. Improve capacity, coordination, and efficiency.
5. Expand community engagement. Develop partnerships with the community.
Why Cottages? Simplicity and affordability
•A sense of community
•Safety for residents & neighbors
•Security for residents
•Sanitation & Waste Management
•Connection to transportation and social services
•Access to public transportation
•Self-governance and tenant rules No drugs or alcohol
•Tenant application screening
•Village population: homeless families and singles