Mentoring Changes Lives!
It is amazing how much of a positive change a mentor can make in the life of a youth. And here is a program where you can make a difference in the life of a youth who is located in Kitsap County. The Empowering Youth Mentor Program is a community-based one-to-one mentoring program that matches volunteer mentors with mentees ages 8-21.
Mentees are matched with trained mentors based on common interests and location. Mentors serve as positive role models and provide friendship and support for youth who are referred by professionals working in the juvenile justice system, schools and social services.
Our mentor requirements:
• 21-years or older
• Make a one-year commitment
• Spend a minimum of four hours per month one-to-one with mentee
• Complete a thorough application
• Pass a National Background Check
• Pass a CPS Background Check
• Reliable transportation
• Valid Driver’s License
• Initial training with periodic trainings on pertinent topics
Are you interested in being a part of the change? Then contact Robin Carson, program director, for more information.